FORT DE LA CHARTREUSE 🇧🇪

Built between 1817 and 1823 on the site of a former monastery of the Carthusian order, this Belgian fort has undergone many changes over the years. Decommissioned in the late nineteenth century, the fort was converted into barracks before being occupied by the Germans during both World Wars. Some buildings have changed function over the years, for instance one part being used as a prison… The space was used as a military hospital by US troops in 1944. The army left the site in 1988 and it has been abandoned since then.

ℹ️ Current state: endangered

General condition
Interest
Danger
Accessibility

© Photos by Urbex Vision

Table of Contents

MAY 2015 | Aeriel footage

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on tumblr
Share on pinterest
Share on pocket

Leave a Reply

en_USEnglish