> EN

Built between 1817 and 1823 on the site of a former monastery of the Carthusian order, this Belgian fort has undergone many changes over the years. Decommissioned in the late nineteenth century, the fort was converted into barracks before being occupied by the Germans during both World Wars. Some buildings have changed function over the years, for instance one part being used as a prison… The space was used as a military hospital by US troops in 1944. The army left the site in 1988 and it has been abandoned since then.

> FR

Bâti entre 1817 et 1823 sur l’emplacement d’un ancien monastère de l’ordre des Chartreux, ce Fort belge du même nom a subi au fil des années de nombreuses mutations. Déclassé à la fin du XIXe siècle, le Fort fut reconverti en caserne avant d’être occupé par les Allemands pendant les deux Guerres, transformant certains bâtiments en espaces carcéraux… Il fut par la suite réemployé comme hôpital militaire par les troupes américaines en 1944. L’armée quitta le site en 1988, le laissant depuis lors à l’abandon.

MARCH 2015 – GALLERY 1
MARCH 2015 – GALLERY 2
MAY 2015 – AERIAL FOOTAGE

© From TV-Show « Urbex Sessions » produced by Les APACH.

Laisser un commentaire

Votre adresse de messagerie ne sera pas publiée. Les champs obligatoires sont indiqués avec *

%d blogueurs aiment cette page :